Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Born to me?!!!

The other day my son was doing a mischief when i asked him to stop that...

The answer he gave me was 'my wish'

Then i thought intelligetly and answered back to him
'As i gave birth to you it is my wish and not yours'
Swift came his reply'I have taken birth in you so it is my wish'

I was both amused and suprised and enlightened...Amused due to his wit and suprised due to his logic...and enlightened for the answer ....

In movies and in life in general we often think that we have given birth to kids and hence they should listen to us and obey us......

Is it that we have given birth to them .....or is it that 'they' have taken birth....we tend to think that without us they are not there and each and every cell of them belongs to us...Is it really true......

I guess they are born 'through' us and not 'by' us.What i mean by this is we are only channels for making them step on this earth and we should not beleieve or think that we possess whole and sole rights on them and insist that they need to obey us ....as we gave birth to them

....But again if we dont possess them then why the responsibilities....Not sure of it

....but as medium for thier birth we owe to them few things and they are our responsibilities...Here i am not talking abt dharma or indian culture...

Even if we talk about Hindu DharmaOur duty probably lies in given birth to a soul on earth....and trying to make thier life smoother.....
They say soul searches for a proper womb and takes birth....
May be that is the reason why inspite of trying hard some people does give birth.....

No comments: