Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Revenge Story behind ash gourd fryums(boodidha gummadi kaaya vadiyalu)

It was my year long desire to make fryums out of ash gourd

It is a tradition in andhra to serve fryums during any occasion
Like marriage ,festivals and guest visit

If anybody has any doubt what is ash gourd refer to pic below


I want to share with you all (and myself) a revenge story....behind this vadiyalu
though the story is not the only one to motivate me to make them...
It is definitely one of the factor

One person(will not name..people who know me well know her)...knew that i like them
she offered that as i like that she would bring the ash gourd from vizag
I pleasantly said no as it would difficult for her to carry so much of weight
she insisted and i refused...

Later one of my relatives had this ash iurd in thier back yard and they offered me..
i immediately got it in auto carrying it
I was just wating to make her do vadiyaalu for me

next day morning she and her daughter got up
made vodiyaalu batter
and
put only 25 vadiyaalu and made rest all as "Atlu" or pan cakes
i was awestruck and cheated
i had so much hope and imagined and dreamt of having lot of them through out year
The year before year i didnot have them and yearned for them...
hence was eagerly waiting
moreover she said more than fryums...pan cakes are more special...
and also added..."You know right?!!! i usually am not healthy and hence dont make them..
my akka used to make them"

I felt cheated ..cheated ..cheated

Thats why i was very much interested in planting a creeper
Luckily my kid along with his buddy ...just like that sowed the ash gourd seeds

a big creeper came...and occupied whole of my lawn area..
we have totally 9-10 ash gourds...
i want to make vadiyaalu out of atleast 1 or 2
and distribute to the woman
who cheated me
...
want to show that i too can...

Isnt it stupid...silly...
but then who said i am not stupid and silly

waiting for these vadiyams to get dried

to add on the technical side
1)with vadiyam batter if we do vada/garelu type taste will be awesome
2)we can make attu/pan cake with same batter...just like what the woman in my story did
after drying the fryms in sun for 1 day..it will be half dried and half kaccha
3)you can fry them and have it with hot rice...
4)ash gourd juice is very healthy according to ayurveda..you can have juice with ashgourd as well
please let me know if somebody want to know more about this

Happy frying...and thanks for sparing your time for this stupid creature...
Thanks for bearing me ...

1 comment:

Sarada said...

The creeper looks really nice